Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I miss this blog.
Mostly, though, I miss the conversations we used to have through and because of it.  And even without it.

I really need a group like you guys out here.  I feel like I'm sleepwalking, like I'm stuck in a routine with no one to wake me and ask me what the hell I'm doing with my life.
Well, that's not entirely true--people DO wonder what I"m doing with my life.  But nobody is walking with me down this strange and twisty road.

Remember when we had shiny-eyed dreams and hopes of changing the world, of chaning the church? 

I don't know what happened. 

Some days I get so cynical and down.  I'm trying hard to hold onto hope here, and some days I feel like I'm losing that battle.  I can't do this on my own, but I just feel stranded.  I need my sisters around me, my community, my anamchara.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.







1 comment:

Wendy McConnell said...

I remember the good ol' days...

I miss you all too! And I have made a few new and dear friends here, but the days are all so busy that it's a challenge just to meet for coffee every now and then.

Some days it's just so hard to keep going. I can't figure out how I got to this small, boring place when I had such big plans and dreams. Every time my hope gets squashed, it's so much harder for it to grow back. A couple weeks ago in church, we were singing a song that included some lyrics about God being "good to me", and I was so startled to realize I wasn't sure God WAS being good to me that I stopped singing! (and we all know how much I love to sing ;) I know God IS good, and I know that my life could be a lot worse, but I'm not sure I would go so far as to call it GOOD.

So, yeah. I know exactly where you're at, Jess.